Do you want to be heard? Most of us want to express our opinion to our elected and appointed government representatives and officials and have them hear us. I know I do. But most of us don’t bother to do anything about it because it is a pain to look up each rep’s contact information then phone, email or text them individually every time you want to express your opinion to them.
There is an easier way. You can find their contact information in one convenient place and enter the one(s) you plan on contacting in your contact list. Once you’ve done that, you can email, call, email or or text them as easily as you do your friends and relatives.
Here is the way to do it.
- Go to https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials
- Fill out the short form
- Click on the Find My Elected Officials link
- Click the plus on federal state and local (a list opens)
- Click the plus beside each name and their contact info open
- Create a contact for the ones you are interested in your phone contacts
The next time you have an opinion on a policy or event or want to ask a question, simply bring up the relevant government representative contact(s) and email, call or text them with your opinion, suggestion or comment.
If you want to be taken seriously, follow these hints
- Be polite.
- Be brief and to the point
- Makes your posts relevant.
- Don’t be a pest. Contact them when you have something relevant to say and/or on an issue that is important to you..
That’s all there is too it. They represent you so let them hear your citizen’s voice.